- 4 to 6 Bonisimo del Mar red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of powdered paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For the avocado sauce:
- 1 avocado cut into thin slices
- 1 small red onion cut in thin slices
- 3 chiles, not too hot, seeded and deveined, cut into small cubes or thin slices
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the seasoning for the Huachinango Bonisimo del Mar, mix the salt, ground coriander seeds, cumin, paprika, onion powder, and pepper.
- Rub the Bonisimo del Mar red snapper fillets with the olive oil and the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill.
- To prepare salsa, combine avocado slices, onion slices, chopped chiles, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill the red snapper fillet on the grill until done. Do not overcook to prevent the fish from drying out. Ideally it should be soft and silky.
- Serve the grilled fish with the avocado sauce, rice and patacones or tostones.
Note:Can be prepared with other varieties of Bonisimo del Mar fish, including Bonisimo del Mar Robalo, Bonisimo del Mar Grouper, Bonisimo del Mar Salmon, Tilapia Fillet, Basa Fillet, etc.